Tuesday, January 27, 2004

As many of you may already know I am a news cameraman and every day with the exception of Saturdays and Sundays and head out to cover the news. Today was a rather interesting day not story wise but interaction wise. As a cameraman I drive around in a big live truck white in color with a big red four splattered on the side, so with this in mind some people believe that it is ok to say whatever they think to me. the reason is they believe that because I work for the news I want to hear their opinion... case and point today, I was approached by a man in a uniform, it was some kind of delivery uniform This man thought it was ok to tell me he thought another station was better than my station... as if I really cared! so he give me a lecture about how to make my station better then just as abrutly as he started his rant he walked away, now remember he just finished telling me just how bad our station was and that the other stations photography was better, so his final words to were "Keep up the good work" ..... what good work I asked myself you just told me we sucked! I should have stayed in school.....and became a doctor or something else. In a typical day I will be asked how can I ge a job like you 100 times, I will hear Hi MOM 300 times, I get the finger (I loose count) and one day a guy asked me hey do you need to go to school to get a job like this ... My answer was, Nope they give this job away every other Wenesday during the lottery results! I have become so cynical it borders on the ridiculous... if you want to hear more about my adventures as a news cameraman let me know hit me back in my email posted in the about we8there.com page. I will tell you about how close OJ came to getting shot the day of the chase I Know I was there!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home