Wednesday, July 12, 2006


Sorry for missing a day, the wireless internet that is located in the lobby of the New Port Beach Hotel in Puerto Nuevo, Mexico crashed.... Now, I could have found a internet cafe, but being a tourist would be more fun.

On the morning of the second day of the we8there.com road trip, we headed straight to the hotel buffet which according to the signage, was voted the best in Baja, for 8.95 US Dollars for adults and 4.95 for the little ones, it makes for pretty cheap eating. The all you can eat style buffet, gives you the ability to eat all the breakfast your little heart desires. After stuffing our faces we headed to the pool, where I am writing this portion of the blog enjoying easy listening Spanish style music from the Pool bar. This has to be one of my most difficult assignments but I think it will get through it.

The Pool faces the Pacific ocean, and only gets 41/2 feet deep, so it make it a great pool for the kids to play around in all day..... they have a wading pool for the very little ones, and for the adults there is the jacuzzi at a comfortable 104 degrees. we snuck away for a few hours to head back to the town of Puerto Nuevo where we were constantly approached by shop owners wanting to relieve us of our US dollars, 10 years a go this was fun, on this day it was not, since we were traveling on a budget. Some of the restaurant owners offer the classic bait and switch in an attempt to lure you into their restaurants to eat, what is I would consider to be the same food all the other restaurant are offering. gaugeage is this, if they don't accept credit cards then I don't use them because if things go horribly wrong, at least I have the power of my credit card company to get my money back. After careful consideration we chose the Puerto Nuevo II Restaurant because the restaurant I am familiar with was closed which ironically is named Puerto Nuevo Restaurant I and ordered the town speciality Puerto Neuvo style lobster, which is fried lobster in a shell.

After returning back to the hotel it was time to rest and get ready for the next day, day Five

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home